latetocomics

My Favorite Reads & Fun Sites

A Reader's delights! Romance, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Shifters, GLBT.

MOONING THE SUNS: 3 Short Novels of Male-Male Romance
Kiernan Kelly
False Colors - Alex Beecroft What I learned from this book? Logistics of ship battles and the details - I almost was completely derailed from the story with the details of bomb ketches, mortars, and ship fighting. In the end, the details did put me in the day-to-day life of living on a ship. I did enjoy this book, but the two main characters John Cavendish and Alfie Donwell went through so many battles, torture, prison, trials, ..., well they just go through a lot, and rather than an ending with all earth-shattering, bells ringing, thunder lighting HEA, it was a smooth ending and your done. What I am trying to say, is the characters went through hell and back, and the ending didn't live up to my expectations. Or maybe, I just didn't want the book to be over, and felt that the coming together of John and Alfie deserved so much more....or I wanted more.Alex definitely brings to life the harsh conditions of ship board life and the cut-throat political shenanigans of upper management in the British navy. Reminded me of my current job.